Are you the type of person who just doesn’t have time to do all the research, planning and booking that a trip to Europe entails?
You want this dream vacation to Europe to be perfect, but you are simply overwhelmed with all the information.
Why leave this trip of a lifetime to chance?
That’s where my customized travel planning services come in. This is everything including the kitchen sink! And it’s created just for you!!
Customized Travel Planning includes:
- Consultations with me to determine the flow of your trip, your style of travel, your budget and your wants and needs. I want to get to know you!
- Booking any and all aspects of your trip —from air to accommodation to tours to ground transportation to specialty experiences such as cooking classes, whiskey tastings or language classes.
- Recommendations on restaurants, cafes, and pubs
- Suggestions on off the beaten path destinations
- Advice on must see sites
- Ideas on things to do that pertain to your particular interests
- A detailed itinerary with all supporting documents plus maps
- Answers to any and all of your questions
- 24/7 support when you travel
Here’s how it works.
- You contact me via the contact form on this website or via email or you can even call me if you prefer.
- Once we have that initial consultation, we’ll decide if we want to work together.
- When we’ve determined that we want to work together, I’ll ask more questions. We can do this via email, phone or Skype. It’s up to you. But I really believe the more I get to know you, the more I can really tailor-make your vacation to you — so you can wander your way.
- I’ll plan out a basic itinerary first. Some of my clients are very clear about where they want to travel to. And some are not. We’ll work on this together until it’s exactly how you want it.
- Once we have the itinerary set (which destination and how many days at each), we’ll begin to fill in the blanks — accommodation, transportation, tours/sites, activities, events — anything we want to plan in advance we will. I believe in leaving open time so you can follow your travel intuition a bit. You will always make the final decision on where to stay, what tour to take, what mode of transportation you want to use and what sites you want to see. I just narrow down the options.
- We’ll be in constant contact throughout the planning and booking of each aspect of your itinerary. I’ll always be available to answer questions and I’ll probably be in contact to ask you questions so I create the perfect vacation for you.
- You will receive a folder (in print) of all of your information approximately 2 weeks prior to departure. From the itinerary to supporting documents to train and/or site tickets to maps — it will all be there!
- And, of course, I’ll be available 24/7 during your trip. If you need anything at all, I’ll be ready to help you out.
Because each person’s trip is unique to them, the cost varies for Customized Travel Planning. Also because there are some travel suppliers who will pay commission to me, it’s difficult for me to pinpoint the exact cost.
Breakdown of costs:
I charge an upfront research fee for planning out the itinerary and providing you with detailed recommendations and maps. The fee depends on the length and complexity of the trip and it is not applicable to any other part of the trip. The range is $100-500. Most folks are going to fall into the $250-300 range.
Most smaller hotels/B&B’s/guesthouses don’t pay commission to travel agents. The same is true of smaller tour operators and travel guides. This is where I charge a service fee for booking/setting up these aspects of your trip. I typically add a 15% fee.
For flights I add a $40 fee per international ticket and $25 for any internal flights (i.e., a flight from London to Munich).
There will be many aspects of your trip where I will receive a commission from the travel supplier. These costs are part of what you pay for say, your hotel or car rental. So there’s no “extra” fee here. It’s built in and you don’t really see it.
So typically most folks end up with a small bill from Wander Your Way of “service fees” while other parts of their bookings have my commission built in. It’s a mixed bag.
If this is still unclear, please ask me during our initial consultation. I may be able to clarify more by answering your specific questions.