Wow! Another peer award! So honored to be recognized by Michaela over at This FP Planet. You remember her? She did a collaboration piece on Slovenia with me. She has an awesome blog and fabulous perspective on life and travel. If you haven’t checked out her blog, please do so.
These awards are loads of fun. It’s a way that we bloggers get to honor each other. We recognize blogs that inspire us, make us think, bring us to tears or make us laugh til’ we almost pee in our pants. And, the folks that write these incredible posts are kind, fun-loving and not in any way competitive or jealous. It’s a wonderful community I’m proud to be part of. Especially those of us who are travel bloggers – definitely a fabulous group of people who inspire me every day!
Before I pay it forward with my list of nominees, I have to tell you a little more about me – maybe some things you didn’t know. Don’t worry. I promise not to divulge anything that has you screaming, “TMI, Lynne!”
Seven Things About Me (that maybe you didn’t know)
- I have 3 degrees. Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Master of Education in Health Promotion and Education. Associate Degree in Commercial Photography. I have used all these degrees over my life and am an avid learner. I am still a political junkie. I still work in the health and fitness world (part-time). And I have a contract with a photo stock agency called Alamy. I love being behind the camera. And while I have learned a great deal during my time in school, nothing has taught me as much as travel.
- My family knows this one. I travel with my stuffed bear. His name is Stinky. He used to be white. Now he’s not-so-white. He makes a great lumbar support on a plane, a fabulous pillow when I need one and is the best travel companion ever. He never complains about where we’re going or what our accommodation is like. He’s quiet and doesn’t eat much. The perfect travel mate! However, I left him at a B&B in Bar Harbor, Maine about 10 years ago. The lady who owned the place had to send him to me. It was kind of traumatic for both of us. I’ve never forgotten him again…
- When I was a kid I always thought I would live on or near the beach. We vacationed at the beach every other year or so. I loved it! Then, at the age of 29, I went to Colorado for the first time. I fell head over heels in love with the mountains. And, while I love being in nature in general, the mountains are my favorite place to be.
- I have climbed one of the classic rock climbs in America called the Petit Grepon in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was cool, if a little scary, as the top is knife-edge like. Stunning views at the top though!
- I am both a tomboy and a girly girl. I love hiking, backpacking, camping, trail running and canyoning. I can go without a shower for a few days. Be dirty. Wear the same clothes a couple of days. I’m fine with it. If I’m out playing in the great outdoors, I really don’t give a shit about what I look like. As long as there’s a smile on my face, I figure I look good! But, I do love going out to buy a fun dress to wear for a special event, like a wedding. And I love doing my hair, putting on makeup, wearing heels, etc. So, the best of both worlds. My typical day-to-day lies in between, but probably leans toward tomboy.
- I would LOVE to be bilingual or multi-lingual. I am fascinated by people who can understand one language and yet turn around and answer in another. Maybe someday…
- If someone told me I had to stay put for the rest of my life in one place, I don’t think I could do it. Actually, I know I couldn’t do it. Just, no. My wanderlust is that bad!
So, now the fun part. Below is the list of nominees. These bloggers are all creating fabulous work. Be sure to click on each of these links to check them out. Seriously, there’s some incredible shit here. Follow them. Share their stories.
And for those who’d like to pay it forward, here are the rules:
Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank your nominator
- Share the award on your blog
- State 7 things about yourself
- Choose 5-10 new nominees who have fewer than 300 followers
- Notify them via social media